When you own a Toyota, you can look forward to years of pleasurable driving experiences. To ensure that you continue enjoy driving your Toyota, we would like to bring these precautionary measures to your attention.
Dishonest characters will find any means possible to make a quick buck from you. We urge our customers to be on high alert and not to fall prey to these scams that are on the rise.
There have been reports of email circulation informing that customers have won a Toyota Lottery and require personal details like your bank account number to claim your prize money.
DO NOT respond to these messages. Toyota will never require you to give out information as such, and official Toyota contests or promotions will always be publicised in our website.
If you are unsure if such messages are legitimate, do not hesitate to confirm with us via our customer service FreePhone at 1800-8-TOYOTA(869682)
Proper Floor Mat Installation
Use the correct floor mat for your vehicle model. All Toyota floor mats are custom-designed to fit the floor pan of each Toyota vehicle, which includes a cut-out area to accommodate the vehicle’s pedals.
- It is important to secure the floor mat using the clips or hooks that are attached to the vehicle floor. The clips or hooks prevent the floor mat from slipping, ensuring that it does not interfere with the movement of the pedals.
- Check regularly to ensure that the floor mat is properly secured (example: after car wash, refueling).
To ensure that the floor mat does not interfere with the movement of the pedals and thus cause unintentional acceleration, strictly avoid the following:
- DO NOT use a deformed floor mat.
- DO NOT use floor mats of an incorrect size this may interfere with pedal movement.
- DO NOT stack one floor mat on top of another. The floor mats can slip and interfere with the movement of the pedals, causing unintentional acceleration.
- DO NOT allow the floor mat to cover the pedals. This will cause the pedals to be blocked and interfere with the operation of the pedals.
- DO NOT use the wrong side of the floor mat (reversed).
- DO NOT install the floor mat facing the wrong direction (upside down).
Photos shown are for illustration. Floor mat specifications may vary from models and variants available in Malaysia.